to do

Michael Lenczner
tracey and I spent some time this aft working on the letter.

-check final letter - done
-decide who's sending out to who - done
-process of invitations + passwords - done

-checking listserve work - not done.
-translating the invite - not done
-add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite -not done

pat and steph - can you add your profiles and pat - make sure the list
works when you have?

Re: to do

Michael Lenczner
oh -yeah - and if you read the letter it says that we're going to give
the the passwords and urls to people once they respond.  this way
people can forward the email and it won't screw everything up.

and it's a good way of initiating a first contact - with the person
that sent them the invite.

mike

On 12/15/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> tracey and I spent some time this aft working on the letter.
>
> -check final letter - done
> -decide who's sending out to who - done
> -process of invitations + passwords - done
>

> -checking listserve work - not done.
> -translating the invite - not done
> -add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite -not done
>
> pat and steph - can you add your profiles and pat - make sure the list
> works when you have?

Re: to do

Patrick Dinnen
I've added my brief bio to the bottom of the invite, just Stephene's to
go I think.

Seems like it might be useful to provide some basic instructions in the
email responses we send to folks who respond to the invite, so I put
these together as a base. Feel free to point out errors or ommisions:

Hi
Thanks for your interest in the AccessCivique.ca/CivicAccess.ca project.
Here are some brief instruction on how you can access the email
discussion list and Wiki and get involved:

__Email Discuss List__

1) browse to
http://civicaccess.ca/mailman/listinfo/civicaccess-discuss_civicaccess.ca

2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
goes public)

3) Enter your email and other details in the "Subscribing to
CivicAccess-discuss" section.

4) You're now signed up the the discussion list, sending email to
[hidden email] will include all members of the list
and you in turn will receive the messages from all other members.

5) Start discussing open and free access to civic information and data!

__Wiki__

Wiki note: a wiki is a website like any other, but it can be edited and
added to by anyone who has access (in this case you).

1) browse to http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/FrontPage

2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
goes public)

3) click the "login" button at upper right and enter your details to
create an account.

4) if you're new to wikis there are some useful help files at
http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/HelpContents

5) edit away!

Michael Lenczner wrote:

> oh -yeah - and if you read the letter it says that we're going to give
> the the passwords and urls to people once they respond.  this way
> people can forward the email and it won't screw everything up.
>
> and it's a good way of initiating a first contact - with the person
> that sent them the invite.
>
> mike
>

> On 12/15/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>tracey and I spent some time this aft working on the letter.
>>
>>-check final letter - done
>>-decide who's sending out to who - done
>>-process of invitations + passwords - done
>>

>>-checking listserve work - not done.
>>-translating the invite - not done
>>-add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite -not done
>>
>>pat and steph - can you add your profiles and pat - make sure the list
>>works when you have?

Re: to do

Michael Lenczner
nice!

On 12/16/05, Patrick Dinnen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've added my brief bio to the bottom of the invite, just Stephene's to
> go I think.
>
> Seems like it might be useful to provide some basic instructions in the
> email responses we send to folks who respond to the invite, so I put
> these together as a base. Feel free to point out errors or ommisions:

> Hi
> Thanks for your interest in the AccessCivique.ca/CivicAccess.ca project.
> Here are some brief instruction on how you can access the email
> discussion list and Wiki and get involved:
>
> __Email Discuss List__
>
> 1) browse to
> http://civicaccess.ca/mailman/listinfo/civicaccess-discuss_civicaccess.ca
>
> 2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
> password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
> goes public)
>
> 3) Enter your email and other details in the "Subscribing to
> CivicAccess-discuss" section.
>
> 4) You're now signed up the the discussion list, sending email to
> [hidden email] will include all members of the list
> and you in turn will receive the messages from all other members.
>
> 5) Start discussing open and free access to civic information and data!
>
> __Wiki__
>
> Wiki note: a wiki is a website like any other, but it can be edited and
> added to by anyone who has access (in this case you).
>
> 1) browse to http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/FrontPage
>
> 2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
> password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
> goes public)
>
> 3) click the "login" button at upper right and enter your details to
> create an account.
>
> 4) if you're new to wikis there are some useful help files at
> http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/HelpContents
>
> 5) edit away!
>

> Michael Lenczner wrote:
> > oh -yeah - and if you read the letter it says that we're going to give
> > the the passwords and urls to people once they respond.  this way
> > people can forward the email and it won't screw everything up.
> >
> > and it's a good way of initiating a first contact - with the person
> > that sent them the invite.
> >
> > mike
> >

> > On 12/15/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>tracey and I spent some time this aft working on the letter.
> >>
> >>-check final letter - done
> >>-decide who's sending out to who - done
> >>-process of invitations + passwords - done
> >>

> >>-checking listserve work - not done.
> >>-translating the invite - not done
> >>-add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite -not done
> >>
> >>pat and steph - can you add your profiles and pat - make sure the list
> >>works when you have?

Re: to do

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
greeeeat!

Patrick Dinnen wrote:

>I've added my brief bio to the bottom of the invite, just Stephene's to
>go I think.
>
>Seems like it might be useful to provide some basic instructions in the
>email responses we send to folks who respond to the invite, so I put
>these together as a base. Feel free to point out errors or ommisions:

>Hi
>Thanks for your interest in the AccessCivique.ca/CivicAccess.ca project.
>Here are some brief instruction on how you can access the email
>discussion list and Wiki and get involved:
>
>__Email Discuss List__
>
>1) browse to
>http://civicaccess.ca/mailman/listinfo/civicaccess-discuss_civicaccess.ca
>
>2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
>password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
>goes public)
>
>3) Enter your email and other details in the "Subscribing to
>CivicAccess-discuss" section.
>
>4) You're now signed up the the discussion list, sending email to
>[hidden email] will include all members of the list
>and you in turn will receive the messages from all other members.
>
>5) Start discussing open and free access to civic information and data!
>
>__Wiki__
>
>Wiki note: a wiki is a website like any other, but it can be edited and
>added to by anyone who has access (in this case you).
>
>1) browse to http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/FrontPage
>
>2) if prompted for a username/password use username "civicaccess"
>password "libre". (note: this protection will be removed once the group
>goes public)
>
>3) click the "login" button at upper right and enter your details to
>create an account.
>
>4) if you're new to wikis there are some useful help files at
>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/HelpContents
>
>5) edit away!
>

>Michael Lenczner wrote:
>

>>oh -yeah - and if you read the letter it says that we're going to give
>>the the passwords and urls to people once they respond.  this way
>>people can forward the email and it won't screw everything up.
>>
>>and it's a good way of initiating a first contact - with the person
>>that sent them the invite.
>>
>>mike
>>

>>On 12/15/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>tracey and I spent some time this aft working on the letter.
>>>
>>>-check final letter - done
>>>-decide who's sending out to who - done
>>>-process of invitations + passwords - done
>>>

>>>-checking listserve work - not done.
>>>-translating the invite - not done
>>>-add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite -not done
>>>
>>>pat and steph - can you add your profiles and pat - make sure the list
>>>works when you have?

Re: to do

Stephane Guidoin
- translating the invite - DONE. You could have a look if you want : http://civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/Invitation/FrenchDraft

- add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite - DONE. Those profiles were also translated in the french version.

When would be the best moment to send this ?

Stef

Re: to do

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
Great! You're gooooood!

How do we translate this though
- de développement open source
- de développement logitiel libre?

Perhaps first thing in the New Year we can send out the invite?  If we
do it now we are competing with people tying up their loose ends?
what'ya all think?

Stephane Guidoin wrote:

>- translating the invite - DONE. You could have a look if you want : http://civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/Invitation/FrenchDraft
>
>- add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite - DONE. Those profiles were also translated in the french version.
>
>When would be the best moment to send this ?
>
>Stef

Re: to do

Stephane Guidoin

>How do we translate this though
>- de développement open source
>- de développement logitiel libre?

Usually I leave "open source" even in french. Logiciel libre is widely
accepted but I don't like it :p
It means both developping software and developping the philisophy that
supports open source.

>Perhaps first thing in the New Year we can send out the invite?  If we
>do it now we are competing with people tying up their loose ends?
>what'ya all think?

Yes I agree. And if we do it just after New Year, we might catch people
whose new year resolution is get involved about open data :D I think
people will be more open to receive this type of proposal right after
the new year instead of before.

>Stephane Guidoin wrote:
>

>>- translating the invite - DONE. You could have a look if you want : http://civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/Invitation/FrenchDraft
>>
>>- add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite - DONE. Those profiles were also translated in the french version.
>>
>>When would be the best moment to send this ?
>>
>>Stef

Re: to do

Michael Lenczner
the proper translation is logiciels libres.  even if stephane doesn't like it.

(you're weird, stephane!)

On 12/18/05, Stephane Guidoin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >How do we translate this though
> >- de développement open source
> >- de développement logitiel libre?
> >

> Usually I leave "open source" even in french. Logiciel libre is widely
> accepted but I don't like it :p
> It means both developping software and developping the philisophy that
> supports open source.
>
> >Perhaps first thing in the New Year we can send out the invite?  If we
> >do it now we are competing with people tying up their loose ends?
> >what'ya all think?
> >

> Yes I agree. And if we do it just after New Year, we might catch people
> whose new year resolution is get involved about open data :D I think
> people will be more open to receive this type of proposal right after
> the new year instead of before.
>
> >Stephane Guidoin wrote:
> >

> >>- translating the invite - DONE. You could have a look if you want : http://civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/Invitation/FrenchDraft
> >>
> >>- add mini-profiles at bottom of the invite - DONE. Those profiles were also translated in the french version.
> >>
> >>When would be the best moment to send this ?
> >>
> >>Stef

Re: to do

Stephane Guidoin
Hehe, I'm not weird ! :-]

It's just that I don't think that "libre" means what open source
software are. And also I don't like this because it sounds like "le
monde libre" (free world) as is the others were a bunch of communists or
what ever you want. Open source does not have the monopoly of being
"libre". Open source says what it is, "logiciel libre" doesn't

But I changed it in the invitation in french

(God, some Anglo-bastards want to write more french than I !!! ;o)

Stef

Michael Lenczner wrote:

>the proper translation is logiciels libres.  even if stephane doesn't like it.
>
>(you're weird, stephane!)

Re: to do

Michael Lenczner
On 12/18/05, Stephane Guidoin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hehe, I'm not weird ! :-]
>
> It's just that I don't think that "libre" means what open source
> software are. And also I don't like this because it sounds like "le
> monde libre" (free world) as is the others were a bunch of communists or
> what ever you want. Open source does not have the monopoly of being
> "libre". Open source says what it is, "logiciel libre" doesn't

okay - but for the sake of posterity (and for tracey) I'm sure that we
will have people that are motivated by both the "open" and the "libre"
motivation/argument.  Yes - they're different, but I'm a bit of both.

> But I changed it in the invitation in french
>
> (God, some Anglo-bastards want to write more french than I !!! ;o)

(i think he's talking about me)  ;-)

> Stef
>
> Michael Lenczner wrote:
>
> >the proper translation is logiciels libres.  even if stephane doesn't like it.
> >
> >(you're weird, stephane!)

Re: to do

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
oh lala!
viva les pinkos libres ;-)  ou les libres pinkos!