dogwood & finance database

Hugh McGuire
i heard back from dogwood initiative ... they are "looking for money" to
be able to put this BC campaign finance database online.

i explained further about ca & asked whether, if we could find some
people to put an online db together, they would be willing to give their
db info to the proj.

this might be a nice little starting project for a canada-wide database
of financial political contribs. any takers out there?

ref:
http://www.dogwoodinitiative.org/democracy/campaign_finance_reform

h.

Re: dogwood & finance database

Daniel Haran
Hmm... anyone else here like / want to hack with Ruby on Rails? It
seems like an ideal platform for this type of project.

On 4/27/06, Hugh McGuire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i heard back from dogwood initiative ... they are "looking for money" to
> be able to put this BC campaign finance database online.
>
> i explained further about ca & asked whether, if we could find some
> people to put an online db together, they would be willing to give their
> db info to the proj.
>
> this might be a nice little starting project for a canada-wide database
> of financial political contribs. any takers out there?
>
> ref:
> http://www.dogwoodinitiative.org/democracy/campaign_finance_reform
>
> h.

Re: dogwood & finance database

Cory Horner
Hugh McGuire wrote:

>i heard back from dogwood initiative ... they are "looking for money" to
>be able to put this BC campaign finance database online.
>
>i explained further about ca & asked whether, if we could find some
>people to put an online db together, they would be willing to give their
>db info to the proj.
>
>this might be a nice little starting project for a canada-wide database
>of financial political contribs. any takers out there?

If they aren't forthcoming and the data is freely available in any kind
of electronic format, we could easily obtain it ourselves -- although
their co-operation is desirable.

We probably shouldn't proceed without their support however, as it would
be a duplication of effort -- unless of course we intend to go
canada-wide soon after.

Cheers,
Cory.