civicaccess page hacked

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
hey folks!

the wiki has been hacked once again!

Any way to restore the information to what it was and any way to protect
it a bit more?  This is the second time.

Cheers

Re: civicaccess page hacked

Michael Lenczner
I tried to go fix some stuff - but I had a pretty hard time.  I can't
really figure out what happened.  I haven't been keeping up with the
latest wiki-exploits of spammers.  Finding the latest versions to
revert to was difficult.

On 3/26/07, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hey folks!
>
> the wiki has been hacked once again!
>
> Any way to restore the information to what it was and any way to protect
> it a bit more?  This is the second time.
>
> Cheers

Re: civicaccess page hacked

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
Can someone else help!  I thought wikis were great cuz you could always
revert to previous content!

:(

Michael Lenczner wrote:

> I tried to go fix some stuff - but I had a pretty hard time.  I can't
> really figure out what happened.  I haven't been keeping up with the
> latest wiki-exploits of spammers.  Finding the latest versions to
> revert to was difficult.
>

> On 3/26/07, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> hey folks!
>>
>> the wiki has been hacked once again!
>>
>> Any way to restore the information to what it was and any way to protect
>> it a bit more?  This is the second time.
>>
>> Cheers

Re: civicaccess page hacked

Phillip Smith

On 27-Mar-07, at 12:00 PM, [hidden email]
wrote:

> I tried to go fix some stuff - but I had a pretty hard time.  I can't
> really figure out what happened.  I haven't been keeping up with the
> latest wiki-exploits of spammers.  Finding the latest versions to
> revert to was difficult.

What about adding some kind of registration process, or captcha to
the Wiki. I'm pretty certain that Moin Moin supports such things, no?

--
Phillip Smith,
Simplifier of Technology