FOI: advice?

Daniel Haran
Hi Folks,

My city has just responded to the FOI (Freedom of Information) review
judge's ruling, stating they disagreed. They do not give reasons, but
indicate I can pursue this to the Supreme Court. The letter is scanned
and linked from:
http://danieljohn.livejournal.com/66869.html

Unless a lawyer cares to take this on pro bono, I am considering
self-representation. Any advice? Is this an effective way to get
cities to release their data?

Thanks!

Daniel.

Re: FOI: advice?

Hugh McGuire
I'll be cheering for you! go for it!

Daniel Haran wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> My city has just responded to the FOI (Freedom of Information) review
> judge's ruling, stating they disagreed. They do not give reasons, but
> indicate I can pursue this to the Supreme Court. The letter is scanned
> and linked from:
> http://danieljohn.livejournal.com/66869.html
>
> Unless a lawyer cares to take this on pro bono, I am considering
> self-representation. Any advice? Is this an effective way to get
> cities to release their data?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Daniel.

Re: FOI: advice?

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
why not see if someone here can help:

http://www.cippic.ca/

there might be a student etc. who can help or might want to take this on.

Cheers
Tracey