Announcing the host City of the Canadian Open Data Summit 2017

Announcing the host City of the Canadian Open Data Summit 2017

jn landry
Hi all,

As promised, the Canadian Open Data Summit 2017 Selection Committee would like to announce the winning proposal for next year's event. We thank everyone who submitted a proposal to host the 2017 Canadian Open Data Summit. This year we had several excellent proposals from across Canada.

Following evaluations of all the proposals, the winner is...

drum roll....

The City of Edmonton. Congratulations!

What an exciting opportunity to collaborate and connect with a leading city and vibrant local open data community to move our national community forward.

More details to come.

Have a good long weekend,

Jean-Noe Landry, from Open North, on behalf of the CODS17 selection committee, which also includes:

Lorna Brown, Senior Project Manager, Government of New Brunswick
Renee Sieber, Associate Professor, Department of Geography, McGill University
Gillian Vrooman, President, Open Data Society of BC
Bianca Wylie, Open Data Institute Toronto and Civic Tech Toronto
Nick Scott, New Brunswick Social Policy Research Network

--
Jean-Noé Landry

Re: Announcing the host City of the Canadian Open Data Summit 2017

Glen Newton
Leader? Given that they do not have an actual Open Data license, I would not characterize them as a 'leader':
 The indemnification clause of their terms of use excludes it from being considered an Open Data license.
http://www.edmonton.ca/city_government/documents/Web-version2.1-OpenDataAgreement.pdf

glen

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 11:33 AM, jn landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tracey P. Lauriault
Super nice!  Congrats!

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:33 AM, jn landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Assistant Professor
Critical Media Studies and Big Data
Communication Studies
School of Journalism and Communication