who wants to be a co-founder?

Michael Lenczner
Obviously Stephane, Tracey, Patrick and I are in.

If you are interested in being a co-founder please add your name here:

http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders

or its easier to just reply to this email and I will take care of it.

It would be appreciated if you were able to respond in the next 24 hours.

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Hugh McGuire
mike I am happy to be on the list, though I don't know how much time i
can contribute to this project at the moment. I am VERY supportive of it
though, and think it's a fantastic initiative, much needed; the
implications are massive if it's successful.

so I'll leave it up to you to judge whether you want me on the list or
not ;) ...

cheers,
hugh.

Michael Lenczner wrote:

> Obviously Stephane, Tracey, Patrick and I are in.
>
> If you are interested in being a co-founder please add your name here:
>
> http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders
>
> or its easier to just reply to this email and I will take care of it.
>
> It would be appreciated if you were able to respond in the next 24 hours.

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!

I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!

This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and want to do,
when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and passions
(interests) about access to data and information which of course includes related
technologies.

We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a really
important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the best ways we can.

Here is the link again:
http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders

Cheers all!
Now back to listening to archivists!

Tracey

Tracey P. Lauriault
Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre (GCRC)
Dept. of Geography and Environmental Studies, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa (ON) K1S 5B6
(Off) +1 613 520 2600 ext 2252 (Home) +1 613 234 2805
[hidden email] or [hidden email]

href='http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders'>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders</a>

> > or its easier to just reply to this email and I will take care of it.
> >
> > It would be appreciated if you were able to respond in the next 24 hours.

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Michael Lenczner
Yep.

you were each invited because we wanted you to be a participant in
helping us launch this project.  It doesn't mean that you have to
commit "x" hours to it.  But we recognized you as motivated citizens
and experts in one of the related fields and wanted your input on how
this community of practice should be encouraged in Canada.  And we
wanted your support in launching this space because we really believe
that this shouldn't be the pet project of one university or one NGO.
We want this to be a *real* grassroots, citizen-initiated,
pan-canadian movement.

In terms of co-founding, that means choosing to support this project
because you believe that the goal is worthwhile and that we are going
about this in a realistic, responsable way.

On 2/21/06, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!
>
> I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!
>
> This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and want to do,
> when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and passions
> (interests) about access to data and information which of course includes related
> technologies.
>
> We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a really
> important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the best ways we can.
>
> Here is the link again:
> http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders
>
> Cheers all!
> Now back to listening to archivists!

<snip>

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Nathalie Leclerc

I feel it is a little presumptuous of me to include myself as a co-founder
but like Hugh I am very supportive of the initiative. If the philosophy is
the more the merrier I will add my name.

Nathalie Leclerc

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:48:05 -0500
From: Hugh McGuire <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [CivicAccess-discuss] who wants to be a co-founder?
To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>

mike I am happy to be on the list, though I don't know how much time i
can contribute to this project at the moment. I am VERY supportive of it
though, and think it's a fantastic initiative, much needed; the
implications are massive if it's successful.

so I'll leave it up to you to judge whether you want me on the list or
not ;) ...

cheers,
hugh.

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:45:53 -0500
From: "Tracey P. Lauriault" <[hidden email]>
To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>

***************************************

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Hugh McGuire
ok i'm on the wikilist...

Michael Lenczner wrote:

> Yep.
>
> you were each invited because we wanted you to be a participant in
> helping us launch this project.  It doesn't mean that you have to
> commit "x" hours to it.  But we recognized you as motivated citizens
> and experts in one of the related fields and wanted your input on how
> this community of practice should be encouraged in Canada.  And we
> wanted your support in launching this space because we really believe
> that this shouldn't be the pet project of one university or one NGO.
> We want this to be a *real* grassroots, citizen-initiated,
> pan-canadian movement.
>
> In terms of co-founding, that means choosing to support this project
> because you believe that the goal is worthwhile and that we are going
> about this in a realistic, responsable way.
>

> On 2/21/06, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!
>>
>>I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!
>>
>>This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and want to do,
>>when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and passions
>>(interests) about access to data and information which of course includes related
>>technologies.
>>
>>We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a really
>>important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the best ways we can.
>>
>>Here is the link again:
>>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders
>>
>>Cheers all!
>>Now back to listening to archivists!
>>

> <snip>

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
niiiiice!

Tracey P. Lauriault
Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre (GCRC)
Dept. of Geography, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa (ON) K1S 5B6
(Off) +1 613 520 2600 ext 2252 (Home) +1 613 234 2805
[hidden email] or [hidden email]

On Feb 21, Hugh McGuire <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ok i'm on the wikilist...
>

> Michael Lenczner wrote:
> > Yep.
> >
> > you were each invited because we wanted you to be a participant in
> > helping us launch this project.  It doesn't mean that you have to
> > commit "x" hours to it.  But we recognized you as motivated citizens
> > and experts in one of the related fields and wanted your input on how
> > this community of practice should be encouraged in Canada.  And we
> > wanted your support in launching this space because we really believe
> > that this shouldn't be the pet project of one university or one NGO.
> > We want this to be a *real* grassroots, citizen-initiated,
> > pan-canadian movement.
> >
> > In terms of co-founding, that means choosing to support this project
> > because you believe that the goal is worthwhile and that we are going
> > about this in a realistic, responsable way.
> >

> > On 2/21/06, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >>Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!
> >>
> >>I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!
> >>
> >>This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and want to do,
> >>when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and passions
> >>(interests) about access to data and information which of course includes related
> >>technologies.
> >>
> >>We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a really
> >>important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the best ways
we can.

> >>Here is the link again:
> >><a
href='http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders'>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders</a>

> >>Cheers all!
> >>Now back to listening to archivists!
> >>

> > <snip>

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
allez Nat! embarque! tu verras que tu auras plus de choses a dire, contribuer et faire
lorsque tu seras moin occupee!

On Feb 21, "Nathalie Leclerc" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I feel it is a little presumptuous of me to include myself as a co-founder
> but like Hugh I am very supportive of the initiative. If the philosophy is
> the more the merrier I will add my name.
>
> Nathalie Leclerc

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:48:05 -0500
> From: Hugh McGuire <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [CivicAccess-discuss] who wants to be a co-founder?
> To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>
>
> mike I am happy to be on the list, though I don't know how much time i
> can contribute to this project at the moment. I am VERY supportive of it
> though, and think it's a fantastic initiative, much needed; the
> implications are massive if it's successful.
>
> so I'll leave it up to you to judge whether you want me on the list or
> not ;) ...
>
> cheers,
> hugh.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:45:53 -0500
> From: "Tracey P. Lauriault" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [CivicAccess-discuss] who wants to be a co-founder?
> To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>
>
> Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!
>
> I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!
>
> This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and
> want to do,
> when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and
> passions
> (interests) about access to data and information which of course includes
> related
> technologies.
>
> We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a
> really
> important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the
> best ways we can.
>
> Here is the link again:
> <a
href='http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders'>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders</a>

> Cheers all!
> Now back to listening to archivists!
>
> Tracey
>

> Tracey P. Lauriault
> Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre (GCRC)
> Dept. of Geography and Environmental Studies, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa
> (ON) K1S 5B6
> (Off) +1 613 520 2600 ext 2252 (Home) +1 613 234 2805
> [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Michael Lenczner
because this seems to not be clear:

We are explicitly _asking_each_of_you_ to become co-founders.  That is
why you have all been invited to participate so far.  Because we want
you as co-founders.  *All* of you.

But we can't put you down as co-founders unless you give us permission.

thanks nathalie - i'll put your name down now

On 2/21/06, Nathalie Leclerc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I feel it is a little presumptuous of me to include myself as a co-founder
> but like Hugh I am very supportive of the initiative. If the philosophy is
> the more the merrier I will add my name.
>
> Nathalie Leclerc

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:48:05 -0500
> From: Hugh McGuire <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [CivicAccess-discuss] who wants to be a co-founder?
> To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>
>
> mike I am happy to be on the list, though I don't know how much time i
> can contribute to this project at the moment. I am VERY supportive of it
> though, and think it's a fantastic initiative, much needed; the
> implications are massive if it's successful.
>
> so I'll leave it up to you to judge whether you want me on the list or
> not ;) ...
>
> cheers,
> hugh.
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:45:53 -0500
> From: "Tracey P. Lauriault" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [CivicAccess-discuss] who wants to be a co-founder?
> To: civicaccess discuss <[hidden email]>
>
> Hugh Hunney!  Get on that list!
>
> I hope that the rest of you will consider doing so also!
>
> This initiative is all about people contributing what they know, can do and
> want to do,
> when they can; each from their own unique perspectives, experience and
> passions
> (interests) about access to data and information which of course includes
> related
> technologies.
>
> We are still in a formation & community building phase on what I think is a
> really
> important and useful endeavour, and hope we can all do this together in the
> best ways we can.
>
> Here is the link again:
> http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Founders
>
> Cheers all!
> Now back to listening to archivists!
>
> Tracey
>

> Tracey P. Lauriault
> Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre (GCRC)
> Dept. of Geography and Environmental Studies, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa
> (ON) K1S 5B6
> (Off) +1 613 520 2600 ext 2252 (Home) +1 613 234 2805
> [hidden email] or [hidden email]

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Robin Millette
On 2/21/06, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> because this seems to not be clear:
>
> We are explicitly _asking_each_of_you_ to become co-founders.  That is
> why you have all been invited to participate so far.  Because we want
> you as co-founders.  *All* of you.
>
> But we can't put you down as co-founders unless you give us permission.

It would be an honour :) Plus on est de fous... comme on dit. Je n'ai
pas retracé la mot de passe du wiki encore à cause d'un changement
d'ordi (civic access, I can't even access my own data!!) mais vous
pouvez compter sur moi.

Longue vie à Civic Access !

Robin 'oqp' Millette (aka Lord D. Nattor)
http://rym.waglo.com/wordpress/

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

gsawhney
Administrator
It's good to see a bunch of people up there.  For those (like me) who
haven't memorized the wiki username/password, it's "civicaccess" and
"libre".

I added myself as a founder... thanks, all!

Gabe

On 2/22/06, Robin Millette <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/21/06, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > because this seems to not be clear:
> >
> > We are explicitly _asking_each_of_you_ to become co-founders.  That is
> > why you have all been invited to participate so far.  Because we want
> > you as co-founders.  *All* of you.
> >
> > But we can't put you down as co-founders unless you give us permission.
>
> It would be an honour :) Plus on est de fous... comme on dit. Je n'ai
> pas retracé la mot de passe du wiki encore à cause d'un changement
> d'ordi (civic access, I can't even access my own data!!) mais vous
> pouvez compter sur moi.
>
> Longue vie à Civic Access !
>
> --
> Robin 'oqp' Millette (aka Lord D. Nattor)
> http://rym.waglo.com/wordpress/

Re: who wants to be a co-founder?

Russell McOrmond-2
Gabe Sawhney wrote:
> It's good to see a bunch of people up there.  For those (like me) who
> haven't memorized the wiki username/password, it's "civicaccess" and
> "libre".

   Then there are people who have forgotten their WIKI password, and
can't find the "Mail me my account data" button on the
http://civicaccess.ca/wiki/UserPreferences page.

  2415+ Canadians oppose Bill C-60 which protects antiquated Recording,
  Movie and "software manufacturing" industries from modernization.
  http://KillBillC60.ca    Sign--> http://digital-copyright.ca/petition/