two goals

Michael Lenczner
so - for me the overall goal is to have a vibrant community of people
across canada working around this stuff and
supporting/encouraging/inspiring each other.

but the goals that we're espousing?

In my mind it's been two fold.

1) encouraging civic information that is already public to be more
accessible using the web/internet

2) encouraging more civic information to be put in the public domain.

Those seem like the main ones - although I think encouraging
individuals, non-profit groups, and government to take active roles in
finding different ways to expose citizens to this civic information is
also a big goal.  (ie: encouraging all kinds of groups/governments to
do projects like "theyworkforyou.com").