opening up information & referral data

Michael Lenczner-2
Hi folks,

I just wrote a blog entry on opening information & referral data that I thought some of you might find interesting.

http://poweredbydata.org/banking-on-open-referral/

It's a more nuanced issue than the normal open data case, since it's not government data, but information that is currently being collected by non-profits and, in many cases, sold to social service agencies and municipalities to bring in revenues. But it's a key part of the information infrastructure of the non-profit sector and we're sure that it needs to be available as open data in structured formats for the sector to move forward.

Hope everyone's having a good summer, and a big welcome back to Canada to Tracey, who has just returned from two years of a post-doc in Ireland and who will be starting her new job at Carleton in the fall.

Michael Lenczner
CEO, Ajah
http://www.ajah.ca
514-708-5112