change of password + invitees

Michael Lenczner
stephane - could you change the username and password to:

civicaccess
and
libre

I want to put some of the finishing touches on before we send out this
email.  and that includes making the site less predominantly anglo.

Re: invitees
http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/PossibleCoFounders

1) i would be for removing the person from "fairvote.ca" because there
seems to be no connetion to open anything from their group.  They seem
to be more concerned with having a directly numerically
representational gov so that the smaller provinces have less power.  I
don't think adding it is a good idea - and I'm not sure what his group
would bring as input?  Is this okay to remove - or am i not seeing
something?

2) tracey - the names that you suggested - are they all people that
need to be at this stage as co-founders or are some of them people
that could join in once we have lauched?  it's great that you have
some contacts outside of ontario and quebec.

3) i erased a few names to try to trim it down.  It is important to
remember that the invitees will suggest other names after we contact
them but before we launch.  I don't think we should add all of them,
but there will probably be a few people that will be important to add
as co-founders - out of respect to the work that they already do in
the area.  does that make sense?

I'm working on the letter now.  I'm going to keep all of tracey's
edits except one - i think.

I also remembered to add to the letter that if they join the mailing
list they are not aggreeing to be co-founders.  They can join us in
the discussion and then they can choose to be co-founders when we
launch after x-mas.

right?

i'll send the invite for a another review in the next hour.

mike

Re: change of password + invitees

Patrick Dinnen
I would tend to keep Joe Murray, the fairvote.ca guy, on the list for
a couple of reasons: he seems to have good contacts in political
information in general and specifically asked to be included. Plus he
comes recommended by Phillip Smith, who is usually a good judge of
relevant people I think. However I'm not 100% fixed that he should be
included, at least in the first wave, whatever people think.

Patrick

On 12/13/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> stephane - could you change the username and password to:
>
> civicaccess
> and
> libre
>
> I want to put some of the finishing touches on before we send out this
> email.  and that includes making the site less predominantly anglo.
>
> Re: invitees
> http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/PossibleCoFounders
>
> 1) i would be for removing the person from "fairvote.ca" because there
> seems to be no connetion to open anything from their group.  They seem
> to be more concerned with having a directly numerically
> representational gov so that the smaller provinces have less power.  I
> don't think adding it is a good idea - and I'm not sure what his group
> would bring as input?  Is this okay to remove - or am i not seeing
> something?
>
> 2) tracey - the names that you suggested - are they all people that
> need to be at this stage as co-founders or are some of them people
> that could join in once we have lauched?  it's great that you have
> some contacts outside of ontario and quebec.
>
> 3) i erased a few names to try to trim it down.  It is important to
> remember that the invitees will suggest other names after we contact
> them but before we launch.  I don't think we should add all of them,
> but there will probably be a few people that will be important to add
> as co-founders - out of respect to the work that they already do in
> the area.  does that make sense?
>
> I'm working on the letter now.  I'm going to keep all of tracey's
> edits except one - i think.
>
> I also remembered to add to the letter that if they join the mailing
> list they are not aggreeing to be co-founders.  They can join us in
> the discussion and then they can choose to be co-founders when we
> launch after x-mas.
>
> right?
>
> i'll send the invite for a another review in the next hour.
>
> mike

Re: change of password + invitees

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
Patrick Dinnen wrote:

>I would tend to keep Joe Murray, the fairvote.ca guy, on the list for
>a couple of reasons: he seems to have good contacts in political
>information in general and specifically asked to be included. Plus he
>comes recommended by Phillip Smith, who is usually a good judge of
>relevant people I think. However I'm not 100% fixed that he should be
>included, at least in the first wave, whatever people think.

sounds good.

>Patrick
>
>On 12/13/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>stephane - could you change the username and password to:
>>
>>civicaccess
>>and
>>libre
>>
>>I want to put some of the finishing touches on before we send out this
>>email.  and that includes making the site less predominantly anglo.
>>
>>Re: invitees
>>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/PossibleCoFounders
>>
>>1) i would be for removing the person from "fairvote.ca" because there
>>seems to be no connetion to open anything from their group.  They seem
>>to be more concerned with having a directly numerically
>>representational gov so that the smaller provinces have less power.  I
>>don't think adding it is a good idea - and I'm not sure what his group
>>would bring as input?  Is this okay to remove - or am i not seeing
>>something?
>>
>>2) tracey - the names that you suggested - are they all people that
>>need to be at this stage as co-founders or are some of them people
>>that could join in once we have lauched?  it's great that you have
>>some contacts outside of ontario and quebec.

not everyone is for co-founders many can join when launched.  I will try
to keep the geodiversity folks in.

>>3) i erased a few names to try to trim it down.  It is important to
>>remember that the invitees will suggest other names after we contact
>>them but before we launch.  I don't think we should add all of them,
>>but there will probably be a few people that will be important to add
>>as co-founders - out of respect to the work that they already do in
>>the area.  does that make sense?
>>
>>I'm working on the letter now.  I'm going to keep all of tracey's
>>edits except one - i think.
>>
>>I also remembered to add to the letter that if they join the mailing
>>list they are not aggreeing to be co-founders.  They can join us in
>>the discussion and then they can choose to be co-founders when we
>>launch after x-mas.
>>
>>right?
>>
>>i'll send the invite for a another review in the next hour.
>>
>>mike

Re: change of password + invitees

Michael Lenczner
yeah - i'm okay with keeping him too.  i went back and looked at the
site and didnt' see anything to object to.

On 12/13/05, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Patrick Dinnen wrote:
>
> >I would tend to keep Joe Murray, the fairvote.ca guy, on the list for
> >a couple of reasons: he seems to have good contacts in political
> >information in general and specifically asked to be included. Plus he
> >comes recommended by Phillip Smith, who is usually a good judge of
> >relevant people I think. However I'm not 100% fixed that he should be
> >included, at least in the first wave, whatever people think.
> >

> sounds good.
>
> >Patrick
> >
> >On 12/13/05, Michael Lenczner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>stephane - could you change the username and password to:
> >>
> >>civicaccess
> >>and
> >>libre
> >>
> >>I want to put some of the finishing touches on before we send out this
> >>email.  and that includes making the site less predominantly anglo.
> >>
> >>Re: invitees
> >>http://www.civicaccess.ca/wiki/Launch/PossibleCoFounders
> >>
> >>1) i would be for removing the person from "fairvote.ca" because there
> >>seems to be no connetion to open anything from their group.  They seem
> >>to be more concerned with having a directly numerically
> >>representational gov so that the smaller provinces have less power.  I
> >>don't think adding it is a good idea - and I'm not sure what his group
> >>would bring as input?  Is this okay to remove - or am i not seeing
> >>something?
> >>
> >>2) tracey - the names that you suggested - are they all people that
> >>need to be at this stage as co-founders or are some of them people
> >>that could join in once we have lauched?  it's great that you have
> >>some contacts outside of ontario and quebec.
> >>

> not everyone is for co-founders many can join when launched.  I will try
> to keep the geodiversity folks in.
>
> >>3) i erased a few names to try to trim it down.  It is important to
> >>remember that the invitees will suggest other names after we contact
> >>them but before we launch.  I don't think we should add all of them,
> >>but there will probably be a few people that will be important to add
> >>as co-founders - out of respect to the work that they already do in
> >>the area.  does that make sense?
> >>
> >>I'm working on the letter now.  I'm going to keep all of tracey's
> >>edits except one - i think.
> >>
> >>I also remembered to add to the letter that if they join the mailing
> >>list they are not aggreeing to be co-founders.  They can join us in
> >>the discussion and then they can choose to be co-founders when we
> >>launch after x-mas.
> >>
> >>right?
> >>
> >>i'll send the invite for a another review in the next hour.
> >>
> >>mike

wiki change of password done !

Stephane Guidoin
Wiki access :

Username : civicaccess
Password : libre

I removed the older one because of security concerns (was almost the same of what we use for the host)

Stéphane