air quality alert data

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
http://www.airqualityontario.com/

the alerts are nice, but would be even better if we could get longitudinal data on this!
Do other provinces provide such an aq service?  The groups dealing with streetpeople in
ottawa use these alerts to provide extra care to these vulnerable populations and to add a
health watch.

i will be working on the CitySondage in the next couple of days, any one wanna join me on
skype for a group session?  I have been busy collecting some interesting map visuals
(robin you will like these even if not open source!) examples on the crisis in the
mideast.  The death toll map i think is an excellent grass roots initiative of making data
available in a meaningful, esthetic and memorable fashion
(http://serendipityoucity.blogsome.com/).

ciao

Tracey P. Lauriault
Geomatics and Cartographic Research Centre (GCRC)
Dept. of Geography, 1125 Colonel By Dr., Ottawa (ON) K1S 5B6
(Off) +1 613 520 2600 ext 2252 (Home) +1 613 234 2805
[hidden email] or [hidden email]

Re: air quality alert data

Yves Lavoie
Le jeudi 27 juillet 2006 11:08, Tracey P. Lauriault a écrit :
> http://www.airqualityontario.com/
>
> the alerts are nice, but would be even better if we could get longitudinal
> data on this! Do other provinces provide such an aq service?  The groups
> dealing with streetpeople in ottawa use these alerts to provide extra care
> to these vulnerable populations and to add a health watch.

Tracey, check this http://www.airqualityontario.com/reports/forecast1_map.cfm
They have mapped the data. Not quite how we would have done it, but they did.

> i will be working on the CitySondage in the next couple of days, any one
> wanna join me on skype for a group session?  I have been busy collecting
> some interesting map visuals (robin you will like these even if not open
> source!) examples on the crisis in the mideast.  The death toll map i think
> is an excellent grass roots initiative of making data available in a
> meaningful, esthetic and memorable fashion
> (http://serendipityoucity.blogsome.com/).

I liked this one too: http://truthlaidbear.com/mideastcrisis_map.php
I may be available. When do you plan to do the CitySondage?

Yves Lavoie ing.
Consultant
skype: ylavoie1957

Re: air quality alert data

catherine
> http://www.airqualityontario.com/
>
> the alerts are nice, but would be even better if we could get longitudinal
> data on this!
> Do other provinces provide such an aq service?  The groups dealing with
> streetpeople in
> ottawa use these alerts to provide extra care to these vulnerable
> populations and to add a
> health watch.

Hi Tracey,

Here is the service for the province of Québec :

http://www.iqa.mddep.gouv.qc.ca/contenu/index.asp

And Montréal has its own :

http://www.rsqa.qc.ca/framville.asp?url=framrsqf.asp

--