REMINDER: application deadline (Apr 2) for travel grants to attend open data events in Ottawa, May 25-29

REMINDER: application deadline (Apr 2) for travel grants to attend open data events in Ottawa, May 25-29

Jean-Noé Landry

Hi all,

This is a reminder about the travel grants for students and open data leaders to attend a series of landmark open data events in Ottawa. The deadline for applying is April 2. We'd appreciate your help to promote this exceptional opportunity.

Thanks to the generous support of the J.W. McConnell Family Foundation’s RECODE initiative, the Canadian Open Data Summit is pleased to provide travel grants to 5 Canadian youth leaders (30 years or under enrolled in a Canadian college or university), to participate in the following activities in Ottawa in the last week of May:

May 25: Canadian Open Data Summit

May 26: IODC Unconference

May 27: Open Data Symposiums and Workshops

May 28-29: International Open DataConference (IODC)

This is an exciting opportunity for student youth engaged in an open data community in Canada. We wish to provide recipients an opportunity to learn from their peers, contribute their experience, and give back to their local open data community. By participating in these events, recipients will connect with leading international and Canadian open data experts.

There's probably lots of people on this list who should apply!

More details at http://opendatasummit.ca/travel-grants/ A link to the application form is at the end of that page.

Please share with students, colleagues, open data supporters! The application deadline is April 2.

If you do not plan on applying for a travel grant, but still intend to participate in the Canadian Open Data Summit, we encourage you to register today (see updated speakers list and registration page).

We hope to see you at the Summit on May 25!

--

Jean-Noé Landry
Director, Strategic Initiatives