Postal Code Letter, Visible politics, rss on portal pages, this and that

Postal Code Letter, Visible politics, rss on portal pages, this and that

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
Hey Folks;

   1. Just resurfacing for a minute.  I am looking at your excellent
      postal code letter and was wondering what the next step is? Did we
      want to sent the thing around?  Russel and other politiques types,
      what do you recommend?  Did we want to make a petition?
   2. Hugh how is visible politics going?
   3. Have you seen the rss feed of political parties and content on the
      isf pages - sweet -
      http://auth.ilesansfil.org/portal/index.php?node_id=6ddf7add76aa0408691106cbb83a7ac2
      which is complemented by a site for non wifiers -
      http://civicsense.ca/elections/quebec07/
   4. I taught a 4th year cartography course on access to data and data
      archiving last week at carleton.  Fascinating to see how students
      have not been exposed to this type of material nor is the link
      between data and democracy clear, these were data users but have
      not yet had to go out into the world to get data at it is provided
      to them or they get them from the library for free.  Of course
      civicaccess.ca made an appearance!
   5. What is going on with this crazy fun name thing - Front de
      Liberation Code Postal

Sorry for being so absent! Am juggling quite a few balls at the moment?

Cheers

Re: Postal Code Letter, Visible politics, rss on portal pages, this and that

Russell McOrmond-2
Tracey P. Lauriault wrote:
> Hey Folks;
>
>    1. Just resurfacing for a minute.  I am looking at your excellent
>       postal code letter and was wondering what the next step is? Did we
>       want to sent the thing around?  Russel and other politiques types,
>       what do you recommend?  Did we want to make a petition?

   The easiest thing was to encourage people to write their MPs about it.
http://www.digital-copyright.ca/edid/letter5

   Having spoken with a few MPs about petitions, it isn't getting the
government response that has the power but having an MP willing to give
a good speech when the signatures are tabled.   We need to somehow find
an MP that cares about this type of issue.  Letter writing is a good start.

   We also have allies inside of government looking at crown copyright,
open licensing, and other such things.  We just need to try to get all
the like-minded people to know about each other and to work together.

  Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
  rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
  http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

   manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
   portable media player from my cold dead hands!"