Open data advocacy letter to politcal party leaders

Open data advocacy letter to politcal party leaders

Jean-Noé Landry
Hi everyone:

Open North teamed-up with ODI Toronto and OpenDataBC to raise awareness of open data with federal political parties during the election campaign. More than 20 organisations from coast to coast support the advocacy letter that was sent to all main party leaders on Friday via Twitter and contacts in campaign teams.

Read the letter:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-VWzsWwt1uTBLkFEeSsogeBEXqeRAN5rjBPArnsKLgE/edit

To add your organisation’s name to the letter, please contact [hidden email]. Thanks for everyone who supported this initiative. We know that are ability to impact campaign plateforms is limited, however, I think that we succeeded in demonstrating the community's readiness to engage through a nice mix of challenge and a positive tone.

I've also promoted the letter with some journalists. See today's piece in NationalNewswatch by Don Lenihan, Canada2020. The letter is mentioned in Point 8.

Cheers,

Jean-Noé

--
Jean-Noé Landry
Tel: 438-398-9338

Re: Open data advocacy letter to politcal party leaders

Immanuel Giulea

The party leader of the Libertarian Party of Canada, Tim Moen, is missing from the letter.

Please send the letter you the Libertarian Party of Canada as well. The party has more candidates than the Bloc, it's a main party.

Immanuel

On Sep 8, 2015 10:22 AM, "Jean-Noé Landry" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tel: <a href="tel:438-398-9338" value="+14383989338" target="_blank">438-398-9338
Twitter: @opennorth

Re: Open data advocacy letter to politcal party leaders

jn landry
Hi Immanuel,

Sorry, can't change the letter at this stage as all of the signatories agreed to the current wording. We went with parties represented in the HoC. That said, it's an open letter, and all parties should feel able to react, should they please. We don't have the capacity ourselves to reach out to all political parties competing in these elections.

Cheers,

Jean-Noé

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Immanuel Giulea <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Jean-Noe,

I didn't expect your response to be one based on wording. Adding the name of the leader of the 5th largest party doesn't change the contents of the letter but point well noted.

In what format would you like the Libertarian Party of Canada to react to this open letter? Who should the response be sent to?

Immanuel