OKF Index for Canada - QUESTIONS - Spending + Legislation

OKF Index for Canada - QUESTIONS - Spending + Legislation

Tracey P. Lauriault
Greetings all;

I have filled in the OKF Index Data for Canada.

James McKinney, could I ask you to review the spending data?

Jonathan Brun, could you check the legislation data.

There are comment sections as the bottom of each indicator.

For everyone else, could you let me know if you have any issues with any of my submissions.

If you could share them here and/or here and the comments section for each indicator that would be great.

Cheers

Tracey P. Lauriault
Assistant Professor

Critical Media Studies and Big Data
Communication Studies
School of Journalism and Communication
Suite 4110, River Building
Carleton University
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa (ON) K1S 5B6
1-613-520-2600 x7443
[hidden email]
@TraceyLauriault
Skype: Tracey.P.Lauriault

Re: OKF Index for Canada - QUESTIONS - Spending + Legislation

James McKinney-3
Everyone, here’s the link: http://global.census.okfn.org/place/ca

I believe Canada now has the spending data: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/51c3b869-9182-4ee3-a7c2-36da0dc2889c

And also the federal corporations data: http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/0032ce54-c5dd-4b66-99a0-320a7b5e99f2

For postcodes, if you're willing to pay, you can get a bulk, machine-readable file from Canada Post.

For emissions, there’s been no update since 2013. If it’s been discontinued, Canada should get a zero.

I can’t edit the submissions, though.