Mississauga open data community, portal and event March 5

Mississauga open data community, portal and event March 5

Michael Lenczner
Hi All,

http://www.codeandthecity.ca

From concept to solution, we need your expertise in design, coding, and everything else to improve on City of Mississauga digital services! Join us for 12 hours of collaboration, learning, and idea forming at the Code and the City Idea Jam!

Here's the portal. It seems like it's still under development

http://data.mississauga.opendata.arcgis.com

Mike

Event Details

The Code and the City Idea Jam is inviting you to participate in 12 hours of learning, idea forming, collaboration, and fun! We’re seeking fresh and innovative contributions from all disciplines ranging from coding, designing, information analysis, mapping, or simply having a great idea! It’s all important and this is where you or your team will idea jam, conceptualize and present your solution for a chance to win up to $6000 in cash and prizes!

Open Workshops
Ever wonder what the terms Open data policy, data-sets, design best practice, user experience, or shape files mean? We will discuss and expand on these terms during the open workshops! Registered participants will have the opportunity to attend these informational sessions led by industry professionals and instructors. Open data provides a wealth of solution-creating possibilities and Code and the City is committed to providing the tools and transparency to get you there!

Registration is FREE!