Michael Geist's Hart House Lecture, University ofToronto (March 2006)

Michael Geist's Hart House Lecture, University ofToronto (March 2006)

Olivier Charbonneau
(please forward and excuse double postings)
Dear friends of the commons,

I am writing you with regards to Michael Geist's Hart House Lecture at
the University of Toronto, delivered in March 2006. If you are currently
aware of this lecture, please disregard this email.

Although delivered a few months ago, I would like to invite you to
access this insightful and splendidly researched paper, available under
a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial 2.5 Canada License. Dr
Geist, Canada Research Chair of Internet and E-commerce Law at the
University of Ottawa, eloquently highlights the major events that have
shaped the copyright debate in the past few years, with a keen
exploration of canadian "user-rights" issues. For a sense of the past, a
taste of the future and a vision of copyright as an engine fueled by
creativity, I strongly recommend you read or hear the lecture through
the following mechanism :
-> Download the 50 page PDF document at :
http://individual.utoronto.ca/dtsang/hhlecture/Resources/Geist_2006.pdf
-> Listen to the podcast through :
http://www.rabble.ca/rpn/episode.shtml?x=49710
-> Access the Hart House Lecture page at :
http://individual.utoronto.ca/dtsang/hhlecture/index2.html#2006

Dr Geist's blog (http://www.michaelgeist.ca/) contains always recent
insights on Internet and e-commerce issues. Finally, Dr Geist will be
the keynote speaker at the InfoCommons Pre-Conference of the Canadian
Library Association's annual meeting
(http://www.infocommons.ca/wiki/index.php?title=2006_Pre-Conference).

Merci,
Olivier

--
Many thanks! Merci et au plaisir!

Olivier Charbonneau
Subject Librarian, Concordia University
Accountancy, Decision Sciences, Management of Information Systems
Phone: 514-848-2424 x7362
Email: [hidden email]
Blog: http://www.culturelibre.ca/