Health Indicators - Data & Maps (Statistics Canada)

Health Indicators - Data & Maps (Statistics Canada)

Ted Hildebrandt

Health Indicators

Today's issue of Health Indicators features the latest data from the
third cycle (2005) of Statistics Canada's Canadian Community Health
Survey.

Other data available today are the most current population estimates and
unemployment rates for health regions. Indicators based on latest
hospitalization, health human resources and health expenditure data from
the Canadian Institute for Health Information are also available within
this publication for regions with population greater than 75,000 and the
territories.

Free CANSIM tables and PDF maps are found in the "Data tables and maps"
section of the publication. Health region profiles make it easy to
download a series of key indicators for a given area. Check out the
"Highlights" section for a more detailed summary of what's new in this
issue.

The new issue of Health Indicators, no. 1 (82-221-XIE
<http://www.statcan.ca/cgi-bin/IPS/display?cat_num=82-221-XIE> , free)
is now available on our website. From the Our products and services
page, under Browse our free Internet publications choose Health.

Also today, the Community Profiles module on our website updates its
health information with a selection of indicators from 2005 Canadian
Community Health Survey along with 2001 Census data for the latest
health regions in Canada.

Main Page -
http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/82-221-XIE/82-221-XIE2006001.htm

Data Tables & Maps -
http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/82-221-XIE/2006001/tables.htm

Health region profiles (CANSIM & IVT/Beyond 20/20 Tables) -
http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/82-221-XIE/2006001/profiles.htm

---------------------------------------
Ted Hildebrandt
Director of Social Planning