Fwd: Submit Your Idea to make Ontario More Open and Transparent

Fwd: Submit Your Idea to make Ontario More Open and Transparent

James McKinney-4
Until August 26, the Government of Ontario is soliciting ideas for its open government action plan: https://www.ontario.ca/page/open-government-consultation In September, people will vote on ideas, and the top-voted ideas will be refined in workshops, for inclusion in the plan. Once the plan is published, a forum will be convened around the implementation of the commitments.

You can submit your ideas here: https://www.ontario.ca/form/submit-your-idea-open-government-consultation

Begin forwarded message:

From: Open Government <[hidden email]>
Subject: Submit Your Idea to make Ontario More Open and Transparent
Date: August 4, 2016 at 2:50:29 PM GMT-4
To: Open Government <[hidden email]>

Hello,

As you may know, in April 2016, Ontario was selected as one of 15 jurisdictions in the Open Government Partnership’s new pilot program.

This pilot program builds on government efforts to become more open, and encourages further transparency, accountability, citizen empowerment and the use of new technologies to strengthen governance.

We’re honoured to be part of the program’s inaugural year, and we are excited to work with community partners like you to advance open government reform.

As a champion of these values, we are requesting your help.

In collaboration with the public and civil society, we are co-creating Open Government commitments. The first step is to generate ideas through a public-facing platform – a quick survey. The survey will be online until August 26, 2016.

A summary of the ideas proposed will be shared with the general public for online voting, and then narrowed down and refined through workshops with the public and civil society members. Finally, ideas will be implemented with advice from the public, civil society and government employees.

Please visit Ontario.ca/openconsultation to submit your ideas on how Ontario can improve transparency, accountability, citizen participation and the use of innovative technology.

You can also [hidden email] if you’d like to join our open government forum and participate in future discussions on this consultation and other open government initiatives.

Thank you in advance for submitting ideas on behalf of yourself or your team – we look forward to co-creating Ontario’s Open Government Commitments with you!

Sincerely,

The Open Government Office