[Fwd: Re: CitySondage - Info Request from List Members]

[Fwd: Re: CitySondage - Info Request from List Members]

Marcel Fortin
Tracey,
For the city of Toronto, the following are the datasets my clients would
probably need the most, amongst others of course.

- Parcel Attribute Information (year built, assessment value, price
sold, tax assessment information, etc.). All sorts of mapping can be
done with these attributes if you have the necessary parcel geography,
which a city department has kindly provided. Unfortunately a different
city department maintains the attribute information for these parcels
which are crucial to doing any kind of thematic mapping based on these
parcels.

The second item we would love to have are the
- High Resolution Digital Terrain Model and topographic datasets see
http://www.toronto.ca/mapping/3d.htm
These are crucial for high-end three-dimensional modeling. Our
landscape, architecture, and design people would love to get their hands
on these data.

Marcel

Tracey P. Lauriault wrote:

> Hi Gang!
>
> as a follow-up from yesterday's CitySondage (good name michael!) email, here is a small
> totally easy homework assignment for you.
>
> What would be the 2 most important / most wanted civic data sets or civic information you
> would like your city / municipality / county (e.g. local geography) to provide
> you/citizens with?
>
> Suggestions so far are:
> a) municpal boundary files
> b) brownfield sites
> c) municipal/city councilor votes
> d) location of public works projects
> e) homelessness demopgraphics
> f) others....
>
> It would be great if you could send these in the next week or so, that way we can develop
> some sondage questions we can all use in our respective locals around the country.
>
> Cheers
>

> Tracey P. Lauriault
> [hidden email] or [hidden email]

------------------------------
Note: I am currently on research leave.
I am monitoring my email, but it may take longer than usual for me to reply.
If you require help with maps or Geographic Information Systems, please
contact [hidden email]
Marcel Fortin
GIS and Map Librarian, University of Toronto
130 St. George Street, Toronto, ON M5S 1A5

--