Fwd: Open Government Top-Voted Ideas and Workshop Reminder

Fwd: Open Government Top-Voted Ideas and Workshop Reminder

James McKinney-4

Begin forwarded message:

From: Open Government <[hidden email]>
Subject: Open Government Top-Voted Ideas and Workshop Reminder
Date: October 19, 2016 at 4:42:17 PM EDT
To: Open Government <[hidden email]>

Almost 800 votes were received from ideas submitted as part of our recent Open Government Consultation. We’ve tallied the votes and are excited to share the top-voted ideas in each category.

Category
Top-Voted Idea

Transparency

Adopt the international Open Data Charter and its 6 principles for all Ontario ministry and provincial agency data.

Accountability

Implement all of the recommendations made by the Open Government Engagement Team.

Public Participation

Create a way for constituents to communicate with their MPPs online, in order to be included in the decision-making process, such as through surveys of their views on what works best in each riding.

Technology Innovation

Create a dashboard to provide citizens with information about key government outcomes, metrics and initiatives.

Here is a ranked list of all your favourite ideas.

Remember, the top ideas will be assessed during in-person and online workshops.  So register today to join civil society organizations, public servants and passionate members of your community to help us identify meaningful Open Government Commitments that can be implemented in 2017.

Workshops will be taking place on the following dates:

[hidden email][hidden email]– Toronto – Ontario Trade Centre, 250 Yonge St. – 3:30 – 6:00 pm
[hidden email][hidden email]– Online – Open ON Forum – 12:00 pm – 2:30 pm
[hidden email][hidden email]– Ottawa – University of Ottawa – 3- 5:30 pm

(Full details will be sent out to those who register for the sessions)

Space is limited, so click on the session that works for you and let us know which workshop you want to attend Deadline to RSVP is Friday, October 21. Refreshments will be served.

Can’t make these sessions and really want to participate? Email us at [hidden email] and we will work something out.

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important initiative.

Open Government Office