First Community Open Data Portal in Ontario?

First Community Open Data Portal in Ontario?

Mita Williams
Hello. Just wanted to share the good news that Open Data Windsor Essex (an special interest group of a Hackforge, a community minded hackerspace) with the financial help of a Trillium Foundation Grant launched our Community Data Portal at http://odwe.ca/ this Tuesday.

To commemorate our launch, we had Alex B. Hill of Detroitagraphy and Maptime Detroit give a keynote. His address of 'Making Data Empathetic' was very well received. A Storify of the evening can be found here: https://storify.com/copystar/the-launch-of-odwe-ca-the-community-open-data-port

Our data portal currently hosts data from two non-profit organizations from Windsor: Ford City Neighbourhood Renewal and Pathway to Potential (an anti-poverty group).  http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/hackforge-launches-open-data-portal

We called ourselves the first Community Open Data  Portal (as opposed to a portal directly sponsored by a government agency or containing only government information) in Ontario because we weren't sure whether there was something already in Quebec.  Is that correct?  Or should we have called ourselves the first Community Open Data Portal in Canada?

Mita

Re: First Community Open Data Portal in Ontario?

Tracey P. Lauriault
Congratulations!

--
Tracey P. Lauriault