Finding the nation question

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
A friend in India wanted to know the official wording of the latest
quebec nation question!

Well an hour later i found the official wording! That was hard friggin'
work! There has got to be an easier way to find these things!

Go try and find a decision on something! I dare you! try doing it
without knowing the date and no media coverage nor who put it forward!
Do any of you know how to get the official stuff easily?

ciao

*************************

Pursuant to Standing Order 61(2), the House proceeded to the putting of
the question on the motion of Mr. Harper (Prime Minister)
<http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/GetWebOptionsCallBack.aspx?SourceSystem=PRISM&ResourceType=Affiliation&ResourceID=78738&language=1&DisplayMode=2>,
seconded by Mr. Nicholson (Leader of the Government in the House of
Commons and Minister for Democratic Reform)
<http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/GetWebOptionsCallBack.aspx?SourceSystem=PRISM&ResourceType=Affiliation&ResourceID=78999&language=1&DisplayMode=2>,
— That this House recognize that the Québécois form a nation within a
united Canada. (/Government Business No. 11/)

YEAS: 265, NAYS: 16

HOUSE OF COMMONS OF CANADA
39th PARLIAMENT, 1st SESSION

  Journals

  *No. 87*

*Monday, November 27, 2006*

        11:00 a.m.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=39&Ses=1&DocId=2539924&File=0

Re: Finding the nation question

Robin Millette
On 12/10/06, Tracey P. Lauriault <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A friend in India wanted to know the official wording of the latest
> quebec nation question!
>
> Well an hour later i found the official wording! That was hard friggin'
> work! There has got to be an easier way to find these things!

Since december 1st, the hansard is equipped with a nice (and indexed)
search engine:

Here I was checking the index keywords beginning with "Q"
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/housechamberbusiness/ChamberPublicationBrowse.aspx?retDateFrom=&retDateTo=&retSourceDebates=1&retSourceCommitteeEvidence=0&retCommitteeAcronymList=&ClassSubject=1&ClassPerson=1&ClassOrganization=1&ClassConstituency=1&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=39&Ses=1&Terms=Q&TermPath=&ALTID=

... to find "Québécois nation":
http://www2.parl.gc.ca/housechamberbusiness/ChamberPublicationBrowse.aspx?retDateFrom=&retDateTo=&retSourceDebates=1&retSourceCommitteeEvidence=0&retCommitteeAcronymList=&ClassSubject=1&ClassPerson=1&ClassOrganization=1&ClassConstituency=1&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=39&Ses=1&Terms=&TermPath=Q&ALTID=64467

... which in all honesty is a dead end...

But I knew to search for "Québécois nation" because on my first
attempt with the search engine I didn't use the index (which is
probably powerful, I just didn't spend much time exploring it) but the
keyword search:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/housechamberbusiness/ChamberPublicationIndexSearch.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=39&Ses=1

There, I just put the term "quebec nation" and hit the jackpot. You'll
also see on the right side a bunch of search strings that aggregate
results.

--
Robin 'oqp' Millette : http://rym.waglo.com/