Finding excuses for Open Data

john whelan
Sorry that should read justifying it.  Whilst wondering round the International Open Data Conference in Ottawa last week I stumbled across an Ontario civil servant who expressed the view that although the political will for Open Data was present at the moment being able to point to use that had been made of that data might keep the programs going should the political will change.

Any thoughts?

Note to Catherine this is the mailing list I spoke of and I suspect they should have some ideas.  You may wish to join it.

Cheerio John