Federal Elections 2015: Looking for Open Data Advocacy Letter Supporters

Federal Elections 2015: Looking for Open Data Advocacy Letter Supporters

Jean-Noé Landry
Hi everyone,

The Open Data Institute Toronto, Open Data BC, and Open North have teamed-up to raise awareness about open data with federal political parties during the elections. We're reaching out to leaders in the open data community to ask them to support this public letter:

Please include your organisation's names at the bottom of the letter if you support it. If your organisation can't support the letter but you still personally wish to support this initiative, please add your own name at the bottom where indicated. Please reply to this thread with +1 if you can support it. Feel free to share.

Our goal is to reach out to parties this way and follow-up with them directly via exisiting contacts to meet and advise their policy teams on the value-added benefits of open data. We'll prepare tailored analysis that correspond to individual party priorities, which we'll make available online as we get closer to e-day.

We have realistic expectations about our ability to impact party platforms at this stage, but we thought that this would be a good way to demonstrate that the Canadian open data community is mobilised and ready to engage with the new government after the dust settles on October 19. We're hoping to gather supporters from all political stripes.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. Note that the letter is being translated in French.

We hope that we can count on your support by next Thursday when we intend to share it with parties. Supporters can be added later in the campaign, but we'd like to collect as many as possible when making it public.

Best,

Jean-Noé

--

Jean-Noé Landry
Director, Strategic Initiatives

Re: Federal Elections 2015: Looking for Open Data Advocacy Letter Supporters

Gerry Tychon-2
+1 for sure.

On 13/08/2015 12:51 PM, Jean-Noé Landry wrote:
[...]

LinkedIn I 438-398-9338

Re: Federal Elections 2015: Looking for Open Data Advocacy Letter Supporters

Ted Strauss
+1 !
I have shared this post with an org I volunteer with and I think they'll want to sign on.
ted

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Jean-Noé Landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

LinkedIn I <a href="tel:438-398-9338" value="+14383989338" target="_blank">438-398-9338

Re: Federal Elections 2015: Looking for Open Data Advocacy Letter Supporters

Herb Lainchbury
+1

shared with the OpenDataBC google group

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Jean-Noé Landry <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Herb Lainchbury, Dynamic Solutions
250.704.6154