Event: Canadian Content in a Digital World - June 21 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. U Ottawa

Event: Canadian Content in a Digital World - June 21 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. U Ottawa

Tracey P. Lauriault

Canadian Content in a Digital World

Rapidly changing tech and consumer behavior are calling for Canadian cultural policies that keep pace with our digital world.

As you know, the Government recently launched public consultations with consumers and content creators to help Canada's creative sector navigate this transformation. The upcoming federal review is an important opportunity to position Canada as a global leader, and the Forum is proud to be leading a new project to address this timely issue.

Please join me for a big thinking discussion based on three new reports on Canadian content rules from C.D. Howe InstituteFraser Institute, and Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (forthcoming).

Free tickets are available on our website. You can also register for the live webcast.

Tuesday, June 21 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at University of Ottawa, Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Ave. E Suite 12102

Agenda:

10:00 a.m.        Keynote address: Zarqa Nawaz, Creator, Little Mosque on the Prairie

10:15 a.m.        Discussion: How do we bring Canada’s cultural policies into the digital age?

John Anderson, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
Benjamin Dachis, Associate Director, Research, C.D. Howe Institute
Ferne Downey, President, ACTRA & International Federation of Actors
Eric Y. Lapointe, Director, Just for Laughs

11:15 a.m.           Q & A from audience and webcast participants

11:25 a.m.           Closing remarks and coffee reception

--
Tracey P. Lauriault
Assistant Professor