Ed Parsons, ex-Ordnance Survey: ‘data belongs to citizens’

Ed Parsons, ex-Ordnance Survey: ‘data belongs to citizens’

Tracey P. Lauriault-2

(no subject)

The Munroes
Hello info advocates,

I invite you to read about some of the challenges to access to reliable
information.

I worked for BC Stats as the BC expert on migration for four years, and
found ways to get information out to citizen's at less cost and with less
error, but this and other innovations led the BC government to fire me. I
was told by the Deputy Minister that all discussions would be discontinued
when I said I think that there are constructive solutions.

What you will be reading is astounding and bizarre but unfortunately there
are people who control our data who justify their positions by denying
others access.

http://members.shaw.ca/employrights/index.html

The way of restricting information is reflected in methods used explained in
Kicking out the Outliers

http://members.shaw.ca/employrights/Outlier.htm

Warren