Congratulations

Bob Gibson
A wonderful initiative! Congratulations! I've been labouring (I spell like a
Canadian) in a corner of this vineyard for over 30 years. My particular
interest is in ending the ridiculous restrictions placed on the
accessibility of Canadian government publications and information by the
vestigial practice of crown copyright.

Michael Geist provided an informative precis of the history of the practice
in one of his columns last year:
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/resc/html_bkup/mar142005.html.

To provide full disclosure: I have a commercial interest in the subject,
since my company harvests public documents from internet sources and
aggregates them for library use. Our services are described at
http://www.gibsonlibraryconnections.ca/cel_pdc.htm.

I look forward to contibuting as the group develops.

Bob Gibson
Gibson Library Connections
2974 Forest Road
Saint-Lazare, QC J7T 2B1