CommonCensus

Tracey P. Lauriault-2
*This is a fun project!
*

*I like that the data are community contributed and are about perception.
enjoy!
*

*imagine if we could merge institutionally collected data, create some
quality of life indicators, then compare them with community contributed
data about perceived quality of life of communities!
ooooooh! that would be nice.
*

******************
*

*CommonCensus Map Project Creates New Boundaries*

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The CommonCensus Map Project (http://www.CommonCensus.org) is a unique
initiative to create the first map of the United States that shows where
people actually believe themselves to live. Previously, maps were drawn
with state, county and city borders determined by select politicians.
But what if you could see the borders that the people living within them
would draw?

By combining the votes from people all over the country, the
CommonCensus Map Project is showing how the country is organized. People
vote about which city they belong to, what they consider to be their
local area and which major city most influences their area as well as
what areas they most identify with personally.

sourced from  -

[hidden email]

Re: CommonCensus

Malcolm R Shookner
This is where we were going with the Qulaity of Life Index in Ontairo
before the funidng dried up. Hoping to go this route in Nova SCotia over
the next 2 or 3 years.

Malcolm Shookner

Malcolm Shookner
Voluntary Planning - Nova Scotia's Citizens' Policy Forum
Suite 600, Joseph Howe Building
1690 Hollis Street, Halifax
Nova Scotia, Canada, B3J 3J9
Tel: (902) 424-8648