[CivicAccess-Discuss] Open Smart Cities in Canada: Webinar 3 docs

[CivicAccess-Discuss] Open Smart Cities in Canada: Webinar 3 docs

CivicAccess mailing list
Tracey ...

You did an super job on the Open Smart Cities in Canada: Webinar 3 today. You raised a number of issues in a nuanced way that will required some thought from privacy, to "smart" being more than IoT, to community engagement, and much more.

I think it remains to be seen whether cities labeling themselves as "smart" will really be smart or whether it will be smart city theatre.

But perhaps you can clarify for me (and maybe others) whether the documents:

Open Smart Cities in Canada: Assessment Report
Open Smart Cities in Canada: Executive Summary of Environmental Scan and Case Studies
Open Smart Cities FAQ

at the Open North site: http://www.opennorth.ca/open-smart-cities-guide

should be considered as the Open Smart Cities Guide v1.0 or if there actually is a document titled "Open Smart Cities Guide v1.0".

I did bring this up at the webcast but it seems to me it was dismissed as being "unimportant".

Many thanks ... gerry

Re: Open Smart Cities in Canada: Webinar 3 docs

CivicAccess mailing list
Glad to hear it Gerry!
Just click on the report cover on that landing page.  It will take you directly to the guide.

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Gerry Tychon via CivicAccess-Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tracey P. Lauriault
Assistant Professor
Critical Media Studies and Big Data
Communication Studies