[CivicAccess-Discuss] Barry Wellar's request

[CivicAccess-Discuss] Barry Wellar's request

CivicAccess mailing list

Barry Wellar just sent this request to the CAGList.

I thought that someone from this list might be able to help him out.

Nigel Waters

The question remains: does anyone know of a jurisdiction where citizens have free, easy, timely, direct online access to public records? If so, I welcome learning about this jurisdiction.

Barry Wellar

I wanted to share a story with you from Ottawa Citizen:

Wellar: We need free, easy access to public records

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/wellar-we-need-free-easy-access-to-public-records

Re: Barry Wellar's request

CivicAccess mailing list
It depends on the records/

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 11:51 PM Nigel Waters via CivicAccess-Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:

Barry Wellar just sent this request to the CAGList.

I thought that someone from this list might be able to help him out.

Nigel Waters

The question remains: does anyone know of a jurisdiction where citizens have free, easy, timely, direct online access to public records? If so, I welcome learning about this jurisdiction.

Barry Wellar

I wanted to share a story with you from Ottawa Citizen:

Wellar: We need free, easy access to public records

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/wellar-we-need-free-easy-access-to-public-records

The 2018 municipal election campaign in Ontario was marked by numerous media reports that faulted municipal governments for failing to provide citizens with free, easy and timely access to municipa…

Tracey P. Lauriault
Assistant Professor
Critical Media Studies and Big Data
Communication Studies