CLLAP 2006 - Compte rendu

Stéphane Zagar
Hi CivicAccess friends :)

Yesterday Michael and I drove to Québec City to attend to the CLLAP 2006 conf and make a 50-minutes presention of CivicAccess.

Everything went well. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to spend there, it would have been nice to make some more "networking". Next year ;) There was many provincial and some federal high-level civil servant at the conference. After our presentation we talked with a guy from the "services gouvernementaux". It's obviously the kind of person who has a good knowledge of internal policies and data management. We took his business card, we'll try to see if he can help/give other contact.

During the lunch I also talked a little with a guy who tried to do something concerning "data liberation" in France.

I uploaded on our server the power presentation here : http://civicaccess.ca/data/  (there's 3 formats, Open document, Powerpoint and PDF. PDF is the worst one because I hate PDF and the notes concerning each slide are not there... but PDF is useful sometimes :p)

Soon, we should have the audio record of this presentation. When I have this, I will add it and set up a page in the wiki to link all these things.

And... hmmm... we have 2 pics also ;) Here  : http://www.cllap.qc.ca/2006/modules/xcgal/thumbnails.php?album=1&page=4 (the 2 last of the page).

Cheers

Steph

Re: CLLAP 2006 - Compte rendu

Michael Lenczner
I just wanted to add that Stephane did a fantastic job.  He gave 95%
of the presentation (partially because I was out of the city before
the presentation and didn't have time to work on it, and also because
my french still could use some improvement).  He had a clear, clean
presentation that was made really complelling by his passion.  I
really think that the slides we came up with (I actually did help with
that part ;-) would be useful for anyone else presenting CA.

I'll be incluidng a brief intro to CIvicAccess at a presentation I'm
giving tomorrow morning.

http://theupgrade.sat.qc.ca/cpr/info.htm