Any one interested in making a telecom map? Data are available.

Any one interested in making a telecom map? Data are available.

Tracey P. Lauriault
Greetings all;

 A colleague has some national and international telecom data and is looking for someone to make some mashups.  It is related to a crtc challenge.

HEre is the text:

The US has set the goal at 25 Mbps down, 5 up; the EU 30 Mbps for all by 2020 with 50% update at 100 Mbps or more by that time as well. Other countries have set other targets.

Telus has challenged my claims, or at least asked for further elaboration and evidence that countries have such goals, etc. I want to basically identify in a list those that do but also show in a map of the world which countries have adopted what standards.

I did something similar in an earlier report comparing Canada to 57 countries in terms of the extent of competition, i.e. how many national mobile phone companies and concentration levels. You can see it here:  http://www.cmcrp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Mobile-Wireless-in-Canada-Final-Report.pdf

See pages 15, 17 and 18.

Any help you might be able to offer or if you have someone that you could recommend who might do this (although I also need to check first with the woman who manages my website and datasets now, since she might be able to do so).

--
Tracey P. Lauriault
Assistant Professor

Re: Any one interested in making a telecom map? Data are available.

Tracey P. Lauriault
He asked me, I have not done any mapping in a long time, he is looking for help, I thought someone might be interested in doing so.

That is why I sent it along.  He did not ask me to ask anyone else, but I thought someone might.

Cheerio